The Lodge at Black Rapids: 2007
You know that bluff above the Roadhouse? Construction began up there, in summer of 2001, on the new Black Rapids Lodge. In addition to saving a piece of Alaska’s pioneer past, the owners are committed to creating a new tradition of affordable hospitality at the gateway of this most accessible, wild mountain wilderness. The two-story timber-frame Lodge has come off the drawing board and begun its vigil for the next hundred years. See our yearly updates, with many interesting photos, below.
- The New Lodge: introduction
- 2001 to 2003: The Road and the Foundation are built. The Timber Frame goes up.
- 2004: Four Walls and a Roof
- 2005: Finishing the Lodge
- 2006: Working on the Interior
- 2007: Latest Updates
Below are some photos of the construction of the new Black Rapids Lodge from 2006-2007. Click on any small photo to see a larger image.
Photos of the New Lodge Progress: 2007