Spring Renewal-. A Women's Yoga and Ayurveda Retreat Friday,March 24th 12 noon - Sunday March 26 ( afternoon check out)
Relax, regroup and prepare your body for the season's change with this rejuvenating and informative retreat set in the beautiful Alaska Range in all of it's late winter/ into spring splendor. You will be completely supported by the warmth and comfort of The Lodge at Black Rapids as we explore:
* The effects and awakening of our physical and emotional bodies as we open into the intense energy of Alaskan Spring. Through ritual and the act of gathering together, we will create a safe haven to share and support each other through this budding transition.
* Breath work ( Pranayama) that will help to move the stagnant energy of Winter and prepare the body and its energetic channels for movement and flow.
* Friday Evening Restorative yoga and Meditation to reduce stress and promote restful sleep.
* Daily morning yoga ( Saturday/ Sunday) that helps to stimulate the immune system, encourage new blood cell formation, improve digestive function, and reduce the sluggish feeling and fuzzy mind that tend to be felt during seasonal transitions.Yoga experience is not necessary and practices will be accessible for all levels, shapes and sizes.
* Ayurvedic ( the science and medicine of yoga) practices to help you prepare your body for the upcoming change of seasons. Through cooking seasonal foods, dosha analysis, oiling (Ahbyanga) and discussion, you will leave with a clearer understanding of your particular nature (Prakruti) and be able to practice techniques that will help you gracefully move through this next phase of the year.
* Essential Oil group yoga practice with Haley Snyderman YA 200hr instructor that focuses on the emotional body.
The Essential Yoga Program group practice with Haley Snyderman focuses on the energetic points of the emotional body. This practice will encourage movement of stagnant energy, detoxify and relax the body, calm the mind, and assist in the restoration of equilibrium. This head-to-toe restorative practice with hands on assists will draw attention to the breath, sensation, and stillness and allow participants to linger on associations and the power of scent memory. A long, final relaxation combined with Balance blend allows the body to assimilate this powerful practice and invites alignment with your core being.
* Expert massage will be provided by Mary Ella Davis at an additional yet very affordable cost.
* Creative and nourishing meals will be provided along with lush and comfortable accommodations for the Friday- Sunday retreat. Beer and wine are available at an additional cost and there is a $10 corking fee if you bring your own beverages.
You will need:
*Comfortable clothing for yoga, cooking and lounging
* Outdoor gear for walks and skiing...( just in case you want to)
* A Yoga mat if you have one. If you do not, let us know.
* A bathing suit or underwear that can get oily.
* 2 extra towels for the practice of Ahbyanga. ( oiling and self massage)
Cost of the retreat is $495.00 per person, with a limit of 14 students. This is based on double occupancy, so bring a friend, and make new friends! There is a non-refundable deposit of $195.00 to hold your place in this retreat. Balance due upon check in, or pay in full upon registration. Our retreats are very popular and book quickly, so call us soon! (907)388-8391 Or call Donna Lanni @ 907-978-0915
Donna Lanni has been practicing and teaching yoga since the early 1990s. She is a 500hr EYRT Vinyasa (Prana Flow) yoga instructor teaching and assisting this unique full spectrum practice designed by Shiva Rea . Donna , along with Marsha Munsell are the owners of Heart Stream Yoga in Fairbanks Alaska. Together, they also operate the Golden Heart School of Yoga . Throughout the past 5 years, Donna has undertaken a vast amount of additional study In the ancient science of healing called Ayurveda. Traveling to Albuquerque NM and studying at both the Ayurvedic Institute and at the New Mexico School of Yoga, Donna has tapped into the knowledge base of yet another great and influential instructor, Maria Garre with whom she has earned a Living Ayurveda Yoga Consultant certification and another 200hr Ayuryoga certificate. Currently, she enrolled in the 300hr Ayurvedic Yoga Specialist program. Donna's Vinyasa and Ayurveda yoga practices always include the wisdom of Ayurveda, are fun, informative, and infused with the essence of traditional yoga.
Haley Snyderman graduated from the Inaugural class at The Golden Heart School of Yoga with a 200 hour certification recognized through Yoga Alliance. She teaches Power Vinyasa by day and Lunar flow by night at Heart Stream Yoga in Fairbanks, Alaska. Haley regularly includes the powerful benefits of topical and aromatic use of essential oils in her yoga classes and workshops; she also educates individuals to help greater emotional and physical wellness using essential oils off the mat.
About Mary Ella:
Mary Ella Davis, licensed Massage Therapist, is originally from the New Orleans area and relocated to Fairbanks in 2006 following hurricane Katrina. In 2011, Mary Ella decided to follow her passion for helping others and returned to New Orleans to attend Blue Cliff College of Massage Therapy. After realizing Fairbanks was her home, she returned to Alaska where she now specializes in getting those issues out of the tissue by providing clinical deep tissue massage, pre and post Op therapy, Swedish, Sports, chair and prenatal massage, neuromuscular and trigger point therapy, subtle body energy balancing and is currently developing her technique in shiatsu. Mary Ella is a firm believer in the inseparable connection of mind and body and hopes to help relieve pain, restore balance and improve your body's performance